Tuesday, March 16, 2010

some things do change

I was doing my friend's hair today...loc maintenance...it usually takes about 3 hours from start to finish. I realized today that he and I no longer had a brother/sister relationship.

He was, and still is, good friends with my ex-boyfriend and when my ex and I called it quits, he picked his side.

When I had to think hard to try to start a conversation with him, only to get a 1- or 2-word reply, I knew. That this guy, I once thought of as a brother, is now more like an associate...not even a friend.

Sad thing is, I remember the reconciliation that we went through a year after his friend and I called it quits...we argued and fussed and got to bottom of the issue, promising that nothing had changed.

So now, when we see each other we speak, and ask the non-essential questions like, how have you been? How's work/school? And so on.

But is that really friendship? I do that whenever, I run into clients from my job.

Its unfortunate to say, even though I still love him and will call him friend, the reality of the situation is...

that sometimes, this time, things do change.

No comments:

Post a Comment